Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Sunday Afternoon

It is raining. I listen to a steady drip of raindrops. I have opened the window by my favorite chair. I haven't done this in a long long time. In the distance I hear an ambulance and a passing airplane just above the clouds. Cuddles rests quietly in my lap.
I have been studying Israel again today. Our journey/pilgrimage is less than a month away. Janet and I are excited. We are praying for good health during the trip. We have both had bad headaches today.
It is 6 p.m. I watch a football game muted. The raindrops are a more fruitful sound. Have you ever taken a nap in the rain or suffered from wet sloppy feet? What about forgetting your umbrella? Without the rain flowers would not grow. Crops would die. We would starve.
Have you ever been thankful for the rain?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home