Saturday, September 25, 2004

Merton and Thoreau

"After some beautiful pages on morning and on being awake Thoreau writes
in his WALDEN (p. 89): 'I went to the woods because I wished to live
deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I
could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die,
discover that I had not lived.' He adds mysteriously: 'Nor did I wish
to practice resignation unless it was quite necessary.' I suppose he
means he did not intend to be resigned to anything like a compromisewith
life."

( THE SIGN OF JONAS, page 316 )

Where do I look for the real meaning of life?

Thanks Wayne Burns

http://community.webtv.net/wayneburnsB/WayneBurns

"May the good Lord sweeten your life with good friends around you."

1 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dan...enjoyed reading your information...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home