Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Advice

"When everyone says you're drunk, you'd better sit down." (Blue Like Jazz)

Lawnmower expert says I need a new engine that cost over $1000. Am trying a second opinion. Trying healing hand but that didn't work.

Bad news: Cuddles (dog) has learned how to jump in the tub, the only place where previously Aidan (cat) felt safe.

When Henry Stuart rode the train from Idaho to Alabama he talked with the conductor a lot. Reminded me of my train days. Both my Dad and Grandad worked for the Southern Railway, thus we had free tickets to ride the train anywhere. I remember once riding to New Orleans to visit my Uncle and Aunt. A sign said shoes in our little room, so I put my shoes in there. The next morning a BIG BILL came for my shoes being polished. I didn't know that meant they were to be shined.

Have you ever had a surprise like that?

8 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TRAINS........As a kid, I played around the train tracks so much that it is a wonder that I am here to tell about it. Fun...but we did not realize how dangerous it all was. Someone was watching over......

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BETTER TO SIT DOWN.........Good saying. Many times others will see us more clearly than we see ourselves...good to listen.

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SURPRISES.............Talk of surprises...When I was in service, I was stationed at the Chaplains' Assistant training in Fort Slocum NY for one month in January 1952. I was from Fort Polk LA. For the same traing session, my best friend, stationed in Camp McCoy Wisconsin, was assigned to the very same class for the very same time period. There were other things that happened...we used to call them the 'parallels.' God has His own plans.....

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, good friend, it just go to show that there are very few free rides to anywhere!! But, I bet the shoes needed a good shine!

Also, a push mower is much cheaper and much better for your health...Wayne, from al

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CAT TO DOG.......Get your own tub to jump in. Some nerve...!

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DOG TO CAT.......I was first in this house til you came along! I will jump wherever I feel like jumping!....so there!!!...smarty cat!

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FIRST DATE...SURPRISE.....On our very first date with my wife,after a really great meal, wine and all, I reached for the bill of course and then reached for my wallet. No wallet...I had left home without it! You can't believe how empty that pocket felt. Really embarassed. She had to pay for the grand dinner we had enjoyed. (She must have thought: My mother said there would be days like this.) That kind of surprise I hope will never come again. But you don't know...never say 'never.'

 
At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRAYERS......Offered for Janet and you. 'God turn His face to thee...'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home