Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Baptist Monk?

In yesterday’s post we discovered that BAPTIST Andrew Jones has an interesting post related to his decision to “found a monastery on the Orkney Islands in Scotland.” The result of this is, “Are you kidding, BAPTIST MONKS?”

As a Baptist, with monk leanings, I find myself struggling with the question, “What is a Baptist Monk?”

Jonathan Gardner, also a baptist, has also posted a beginning dialogue about
Baptist Monks. As a Baptist also, with monk leanings, what then is a Baptist monk. Tomorrow I hope to come to grips with a Baptist Monk Manifesto. For now, I just want to raise the question WHAT IS A BAPTIST MONK.

Today, I will be gone all day for a conference with all the other hospital chaplains in Tennessee. But if you have any ideas about What a Baptist Monk is then check back tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Watter vivant said...

I actually was once a baptist Monk, now I am messianic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home