Monday, September 27, 2004

Dr. Eric L. Dyer Memorial Service

Today is the Memorial Service for Dr. Eric Dyer. You might remember I wrote about his funeral service and other thoughts about him previously.

On Friday night I received this from one of his patients who just happened to find my blog. This email shows me how special Dr. Dyer was. The names have been removed but I appreciate this being sent to me.

Hi Brother Dan,

My Name is Sharon... Just wanted to contact you and tell you how
shocked and saddened I was to hear of Dr. Dyer's passing.

My Dad is 71 and has been a patient of Dr. Dyers for years.:) And my parents thought the world of Dr. Dyer as the rest of my family did. They loved him as a son.

This past Wednesday my parents received a call from Dr. Dyers office informing them of Dr. Dyer's sudden death. My parents where devastated to say the least. It was a very restless night for them both. My Dad told me that he went to his medicine cabinet to see the pill bottles that had Dr. Dyers name on it. Somehow it helped him just to see his name.

Plus they felt really bad that we didn't know it in time to go to the funeral. Not that it would have brought him back - but I think it would have helped them also to say goodbye. But no one is ever ready to say goodbye. Are we? Plus he was so young.I feel the tears burning my eyes as I type this.Going to the doctor is never fun. But when Dad was going to see Dr. Dyer - for some reason it was always nice to go and just see Dr. Dyer.

We live in Kentucky, over an hour drive from Nashville. My dad was there to see Dr. Dyer about 6 weeks agoDr. Dyer has been up here to visit my parents on a couple different occasions. My father used to own and operate a lumber mill. Dr. Dyer had to come up and see that.:) He brought is son with him and once brought his mother here. The time he brought his son they came to my house and rode on our four wheeler in the yard. That was the first time his boy had ever been on a four wheeler.

Dad has given Dr. Dyer wood for carving over the years, old country record albums, a lot of different things. Dr. Dyer was always pleased with what ever Dad took him. He would just smile. There is piece of walnut wood now that is seasoning out that dad had planned to take to Dr. Dyer.

Well Brother Dan I will end this email now. I could probably just continue to rattle on. ~smile~ I had found your website and seen your posting about Dr. Dyer and just wanted to contact you.

Sharon

THIS SHOWS HOW SPECIAL HE WAS, JUST TAKING TIME TO VISIT PATIENTS AND KNOW MORE ABOUT THEM THAN JUST THE MEDICAL SIDE. HE WAS SPECIAL !!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home