Tuesday, June 13, 2006

New Southern Baptist President

In a surprise vote, Dr. Frank Page was elected the President of the
Southern Baptist Convention. As a candidate it was mostly bloggers who
supported him. My hope is that this begins a new day in Southern Baptist
life where civil discourse becomes the mode of sharing among brothers.

As I go back in my own history, I remember some of the Southern Baptist
men and women who touched my life with the grace of God: Paul Turner,
Grady Ketchum, Shelley Richardson, James Leo Garrett, Harry Piland,
Grady Cotham, Lloyd Elder, Richard Kay, Larry Shotwell, James Sullivan,
Mrs. J.O. Williams, and tons of other unknowns, some Sunday School
teachers, other faithful deacons, all people who loved the Lord. I am
thankful how these people have touched my life.

May this be a new beginning where we can rejoice in God's work in others
lives.

6 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger KAREN said...

Hi There,

My name is Karen Shacham and I work with CNN Pipeline in Atlanta.

I thought you might be interested to know that Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will be speaking at the Baptist Convention in Greensboro, NC today at 10AM ET live on CNN Pipeline.

CNN Pipeline is an online, commercial-free multiple live-news feed. It showcases four simultaneous news feeds from around the world and an On Demand function that allows you to select from a variety of news stories.

You can check it out at http://www.cnn.com by clicking the CNN Pipeline link to get a two week free trial.

Thanks a lot,
Karen

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

REJOICE..............To rejoice in the gifts of another is certainly the hallmark of Christian life. How like the Saviour to be appreciative of the work of God in others and through others. 'Lord, You daily teach us and lead us...without You where would we be?'

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FOR THOSE WHO LEAD.......Daily I pray for all who have the special role of leading and teaching the truth. The Almighty Shepherd sees that we have shepherds among us to keep us. "Bless us, dear Shepherd of the sheep...guide us, surely our souls to keep.'

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SPEAK THE TRUTH WITH LOVE...........How sad when fellow Christians are given to angry words with each other. To disagree...yes...but to be hateful in speech?...no. "Lord of all gentleness, and all civility, teach us the most loving way...shine on us abundantly this day."

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THEY HAVE TOUCHED MY LIFE.........Good thought...how much we owe to the good people who have influenced us for good. None of us have arrived at where we are without some very good input along the way. I recall a dear couple...no children of their own...they treated me like I was one of theirs...taught me much...gave much to me...corrected me if I needed it. I remember them everyday. "Lord, bless the generous souls who go through life giving and loving and serving in Your namme."

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE ONE ANOTHER.........I read recently this treasure: "There is a bridge over which God has come to us and over which we travel to be joined to Him. The bridge is called Charity. Where there is no love, ...and 'God is love'...then how shall we find Him?" "Lord of all kindness and every good...Walk with us and teach us daily about the bridge of love."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home